Email template editing

nidhis October 25, 2015

Hi Team,

I require to change email template in JIRA, In that template while sending an email I need to add one more custom field in the body of email.

Can it be possible?

Regards, Nidhi

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2015
0 votes
nidhis November 3, 2015

Hi Sash, I am not working on Cloud instane, this plugin is not supported for server.

Nic..

I have tried the same solution but its not affecting email template.

The field which I wish to add in the template is not there in every project in JIRA, its present in few of the projects? Is it happening because of that?

Its not adding the field in any project,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2015

Well, if the field isn't there, it won't come out, but it won't break it for every project just because the field only exists in one project (you may have errors in your logs when sending mails, but no lost info) When you've changed the templates, have you restarted JIRA? And does the field have data for your example data?

nidhis November 3, 2015

Yes restarted and that field was having value as well.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2015

That suggests that your code changes are wrong.

nidhis November 13, 2015

Hi Nic, its not breaking anything but once I am doing changes to issue created or commented velocity template, it Is not reflecting changes email template of in that project which is using that custom field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2015

That still just suggests that your code is wrong. It's not working. It's in the wrong place, or not pulling values that can be output. Simple test - try changing a template and hard-coding a clear sentence in it rather than a field. No ifs, variables calls etc, just a block of text. Does that come out? If it does, then your field code is broken. If it does not, then you're coding in the wrong place.

nidhis November 16, 2015

yeah i added string its not showing that as well, everything is done as per the steps. placed code restarted jira , created issue. https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/jira-architecture/jira-templates-and-jsps/adding-custom-fields-to-email not sure where it is missing

Like Мочалов Илья likes this
0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2015

For our company we use JIRA cloud together with Jirassimo plugin.

It allows us to have very custom emails and templates (not only emails, as we mainly use Slack for communications)

Suggest an answer