Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Email Notification Subscription

I would like my Jira Board to send out a repeating email notification based on the subscription I've created. Ex: I want the email to go out 60 days prior to the estimated End Date of the Sprint. I can count the days, and manually put in a calendar date that meets that requirement, but what if the Estimated Completion Date for the sprint changes? Is there a way to have that subscription automatically adjust itself to the new date, without having an admin going in to change the subscription dates for each? Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Mar 02, 2020

Hi Mike,

I understand that you would like to be able to receive an email notification 60 days before the estimated sprint end date.  I do not believe that Jira Cloud will be able to do this out of box.  The reason being is that sprint data is not maintained on specific issues.

And while Jira does have subscriptions to issue filters, those filters don't have any way to determine the sprint end date as a variable.  It feels like this might be something that an add-on to Jira might help with.  I ran across this post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-create-email-notification-for-Sprints-in-JIRA/qaq-p/695231

In it, Kian, suggests a pair of add-ons that might be able to help with scripting out some level of automation to notify based on that sprint data.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,953 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you