Email Notification Subscription

mike.s February 27, 2020

I would like my Jira Board to send out a repeating email notification based on the subscription I've created. Ex: I want the email to go out 60 days prior to the estimated End Date of the Sprint. I can count the days, and manually put in a calendar date that meets that requirement, but what if the Estimated Completion Date for the sprint changes? Is there a way to have that subscription automatically adjust itself to the new date, without having an admin going in to change the subscription dates for each? Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2020

Hi Mike,

I understand that you would like to be able to receive an email notification 60 days before the estimated sprint end date.  I do not believe that Jira Cloud will be able to do this out of box.  The reason being is that sprint data is not maintained on specific issues.

And while Jira does have subscriptions to issue filters, those filters don't have any way to determine the sprint end date as a variable.  It feels like this might be something that an add-on to Jira might help with.  I ran across this post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-create-email-notification-for-Sprints-in-JIRA/qaq-p/695231

In it, Kian, suggests a pair of add-ons that might be able to help with scripting out some level of automation to notify based on that sprint data.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer