Email From on Project-Specific Basis?

Kenneth Breslow June 10, 2016

I'm currently changing the email settings for our JIRA instance. I noticed in the Administration section under system that the syntax for "Email From" is defaulted to ${fullname} (JIRA). I'm assuming the ${fullname} populates with the name of whichever user triggered an event that sent an email - for instance, if we have a JETI template post function on a workflow transition, the fullname replacement variable will populate with whoever clicked the transition. My question is, is it possible to change this setting on a project-specific basis? For example, is it possible to have all emails sent from a specific project sent by one defined user, no matter which user triggers the email? 

1 answer

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2016

Hi Kenneth,

Yes, this is possible.

In you JETI config, you must have Contexts setup. In the contexts, you can find attributes called "From Address" and "Sender Name".

Now you have two options:

1. Create a separate context for your projects and configure from address, sender name with the values for the projects
  2. If you do not have many projects, you can configure a single context and use Velocity Markup in the From Address and Sender Name, like:
    #if("ABC".equals($!issue.projectObject.key))abc@domain.com#elseif ("DEF".equals($!issue.projectObject.key))def@domain.com... #end
  3. You can configure project specific sender names

Tibor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events