Email Attachments

Patrick Windsor April 24, 2020

I am evaluating using JIRA to for project management and potentially for our help desk. On the project management front, I have configured the system to receive emails and I have a project where I can email into a the system and it either posts as a comment or creates a new task, however in both cases I am not seeing attachments come in. I have tested two scenarios, one where I send an image file and the other where I send in a word document and in both cases I am not seeing them in the task/issue. What I do see is a "winmail.dat" file that I cannot open. 

I assume there is some setting I am missing? My concern is that it does not know how to handle the attachments which would be a deal breaker for me, especially on the support desk as people are always emailing in tickets with screenshots.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2020

Jira and Jira service desk by default handle attachments.  I think you are suffering from this issue - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-articles/Winmail-dat-and-Jira-Service-Desk/ba-p/948080

Suggest an answer