Eazybi: creating conditional measures

m September 6, 2016

I'm a little lost about generate custom Measures, I will ask for your help with two examples:

Example A: Display logged time depends of the project.

• On Rows I have a customfield, on columns two custom measures about hours spent.
  • There are two projects imported. 
  • The idea is make a custom "Hours logged in project 1" and of course "Hours logged in project 2"

How can I wrote this measures?

Example B:  Display logged time depends of customfield value.

• On Rows I have a customfield, on columns two custom measures about hours spent.
  • There are two projects imported. 
  • Now,The idea is make a custom measure that put the hours spent on issues related to row customfield, and also has some vaule in a customfield

How can I wrote now a measure that depends of customfield value? 

Thanks a lot for replies

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2016

Hi Marc,

You could try using tuples to create new user-defined calculated measures.

See more information about tuples here - in eazyBI documentation

https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBI/Calculated+members#Calculatedmembers-Tuples

Following MDX could be used create a new user-defined calculated measure that returns hours spent only in specific Project.

(
[Measures].[Hours spent],
[Status].CurrentMember,
[Project].[JIRA Software (including JIRA Agile)]
)

hours spent in project.jpg

Similarly, you could approach with your custom fields and vice verse, if you have Project dimension in rows, you could address custom field specific value in the MDX tuple.

Please contact support@eazybi.com if you have further questions regarding this!

Kind regards,

Martins Vanags / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer