EasyLinks Add-on - JQL Filtering not working

Carlos David March 9, 2017

JQL filtering in the Multiple Issue Link Picker add-on doesn't seem to work - I've tested using various custom and non-custom fields e.g. assignee. The filtering on issueLink type works perfectly though.

I'm using JIRA 7.3.1. Thanks for any help.

image2017-3-9 15:11:10.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Llaca Romero March 9, 2017

Hi Carlos,

first of all thanks for using EasyLinks and for your feedback! The JQL filtering is applied only when you are editing the field, to restrict the available options that appear when you start typing. But, if you set the issue link manually (this is: by using the default issue link dialog of JIRA), it will be displayed in the field view, even if that value doesn't match the JQL query. This is so by design decision, the field works similar to a calculated field displaying all the linked issues of a given type, but we limit the edition of this field by that JQL configuration parameter.

I don't know if this answers to your question. If not, please let me know to look further into you issue.

Kind regards!

Fernando

Carlos David March 9, 2017

Thanks for the clarification Fernando. Fyi I'm using your plugin to enable me to present subsets of linkedIssues in JIRA dashboard gadgets. At the moment different issue types are linked via a single issueLink type, hence my question/problem.

One futher question - Is there any way for the issues in your multiple issue picker to inherit the strike-through formatting i.e. if an issue is closed/resolved? Thanks again

Fernando Llaca Romero March 10, 2017

Hi Carlos,

about the formatting question, at this moment it is not using the strikethrough format, but I agree that it is legit to request this feature. I will add it in the next release.

About your scenario, the workaround is to "split" the links in different multiple link types, but maybe this is not feasible for you...

Carlos David March 14, 2017

Not to worry - it's still very useful for other aspects. I'll stay tuned for the next release - Thanks!

Suggest an answer