Easiest/best way to have permission to create/edit versions in projects

Brian R June 21, 2016

Here's the scenario:

I want to make it so that a few users have the ability to create/edit versions in their projects, but I don't want to turn them into admins. Also, I'm already using the Project Lead (of which you can only have one, per project) on another user.

I tried creating a Project Role, and I associated that with the right users under the right projects. BUT, how do I actually set the permissions to allow for having all of the abilities they have as regular users + the ability to create/edit versions?

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2016

Users must have the Administer Project permission in order to create versions in a project. This permission would need to be assigned to your custom role.

Brian R June 21, 2016

Thank you. Can you walk me through how/where I assign this permission to my new project role?

Brian R June 21, 2016

I think I figured it out...

Administration > Issues > Permission Schemes > under Administer Projects I added my new project role (now Admins and my new role have this permission)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events