• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Earlier default permission scheme used to come for a newly created project. However, now a customized permission scheme comes as default for new project

Earlier default permission scheme used to come for a newly created project. However, now a customized permission scheme comes as default for new project

Harvinder Singh March 16, 2017

So, is there a way to change the default permission scheme for newly created project automatically.

Furthur, even I am having JIRA administrator rights. Immediately after creating a new project, the screen shows "The project isn't available" It may have been deleted or your permissions might have changed.

So, how to ensure that I will be able to see the newly created project by default.

1 answer

0 votes
cptBarbosa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2017

Hi Harvinder, There are permission scheme defaults for creating a project and they can be changed after creating a project. But the only way to have altered permissions schemes from the beginning is to create a project based on another project.

You can check your permissions in Issues -> Screens.

Hope it helps.

Harvinder Singh March 16, 2017

I guess, Screens showcase different kind of screens only. And Permissions can be checked under permission scheme only. So didn't get what you mean by check under Screens for permissions.

Further, I understand that by copying an existing project you can get the same permission schemes. However, in my case if I create a new project(not by copying) the permission scheme allocated to that project is not Default Permission Scheme. It is some different project permission scheme that is coming on top rank(first number) on the page showcasing different permission schemes available on our JIRA instance.

cptBarbosa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2017

Sorry for the inaccurate answer, try to open a ticket with the support team so they can check permissions in your instance, since you are using default scheme to create a project, it must be some other permission that can only be checked by you and them.

Sorry I could not help you. sad

Suggest an answer