Does this only work for JIRA Software Server and JIRA Software Data Center?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Setting a Default Value in the Description Field

Does this work-around only work for JIRA Software Server and JIRA Software Data Center?

Is there a cloud alternative? 

2 answers

It does not work for the cloud installations. You can not modify source under the cloud.

0 vote
Ignacio Pulgar Community Champion Dec 15, 2016

On Cloud, you only have a workaround for pre-populating the description field on issue creation by using a link like this one:

https://YOURS.atlassian.net/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=21800&issuetype=1&summary=My+foo+summary&description=This+is+my+prepopulated+description

where:

• YOURS is the subdomain of your Cloud instance.
  • pid is the project id which you will find by going to Project Settings > Details and looking for pid=xxx in the URL shown in your browser's bar.
  • issuetype can be found by clicking on the edit option of the issue type here:
    https://YOURS.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewIssueTypes.jspa
    and looking at the id=xxx displayed in the URL.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 4 hours ago in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

29 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you