Does the project and issue limits still remains the same with Portfolio for JIRA V3.0?

Nidhi Gupta July 9, 2019

Does the project and issue limits (100 projects / 5000 Issues) still remains the same with the new version of Portfolio for JIRA V3.0? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2019

Hi @Nidhi Gupta ,

The limits for issues are the same, but they apply only when you create the plan. For projects, there is a hard limit of 100.

Please find more info here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/creating-plans-952623582.html

I hope that make sense,

Roi Fine | Product Manager

Nidhi Gupta July 10, 2019

Thanks for the response @Roi Fine . Not sure what do you mean when you say "The limits for issues are the same, but they apply only when you create the plan."

Does this mean that "Portflolio for JIRA" can work with more than 5000 issues as well?

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2019

Yep, you are correct.

Like Nidhi Gupta likes this
Nidhi Gupta April 13, 2020

Hi @Roi Fine ,

Can you please confirm on what do you mean when you say "The limits for issues apply only when you create the plan."?

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2020

Sure @Nidhi Gupta , when you go through the create plan steps you must have less than 5000 issues in your plan. But after the plan is created you can have more than 5000 issues. I.e. You can create more issues in your boards/filters/projects. 

Does that make sense?

I'd be happy to chat about your use case if you're interested.

Roi

Like Nidhi Gupta likes this
Nidhi Gupta April 14, 2020

Thanks for the response @Roi Fine . I will try it out once as i have been getting some weird bugs in my plan. Will share a screenshot soon!

Suggest an answer