Does the plugin handle incremental changes?

Charalambos Hadjichristodoulou February 8, 2016

First of all amazing plugin! Has saved us incredible amount of time for me and my team! Congrats to the developers.

I was just wondering what happens when i change something within a project in my JIRA development environment (or JIRA uat) and need to promote only those changes into production? Surely, i would again need to take a snapshot and then deploy it into my production environment right? Will that override my already existing project plus incorporate the newly introduced changes? Would I need to delete or rename the already existing project within my production so as not to cause a conflict?

Thanks.

PS: Sorry my bad, as pointed out i forgot to mention the name of the plugin. It's 'Configuration Manager for Jira' (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.configurationmanager/server/overview)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2016

The snapshot will contains the current configurations of the source instance but when you deploy it for the second time on target instance then it will only add the new configurations.

0 votes
Charalambos Hadjichristodoulou February 8, 2016

PS: Sorry my bad, as pointed out i forgot to mention the name of the plugin. It's 'Configuration Manager for Jira' (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.configurationmanager/server/overview)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

What add-on are you talking about?  There's no label or mention of it in your question

Suggest an answer