Does "Automated Log Work" count nights and weekends?

Brian Alden September 23, 2016

Does the timer run 24 hours a day, and log that total, or does it use the system settings for hours per day and days per week to leave out nights and weekends?  For example: I start a task Monday at 8am and finish it a week later at 8am.  Does this add-on record 40 hours, or 168 hours?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2016

Hi Brian,

The answer is that add-on logs "40 hours" - assuming that you use default settings for "working hours per day" (8h) and "working days per week" (5d).

You can read more about calculation algorithm at https://gebsun-confluence.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ALW/How+work+time+is+calculated+in+Automated+Log+Work+Cloud - it is Cloud related document but Server version of the add-on works in a similar way.

Regards,
Gebsun 

Brian Alden September 23, 2016

I see in the documentation you linked to that the cloud version includes hours per day and days per week in the configuration screen.  Those options are not available in the server-based app's configuration screen.  They are, however, in the server-based JIRA Core time tracking configuration screen.  I wonder if the server-based ALW app uses the Core settings rather than having its own redundant settings.

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 25, 2016

Hi Bryan, you are right again. Server add-on uses JIRA core settings. 

Cloud add-on does not have access to admin settings hence we had to include them on plugin configuration page. 

Best.

Brian Alden September 26, 2016

Thank you for the confirmation, Jack.  I think I will be talking to my management to buy this add-on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events