Does atlassian jira allows multi-tenancy?

Julio Chana September 26, 2016

Hi,

I'm administrating 3 different instalations of JIRA server. I'd like to aggregate them into an unique installation.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Avinash Singh September 14, 2018

Jira Server is not multi tenant though ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2018

Yes, it is.

Like Andrew.Hartnell likes this
Avinash Singh September 17, 2018

Can you point me to some documentation regarding this? 

I require a single instance with projects for various customers to be isolated. No customer should see any other customer. Giving a user browse permission comprises this.

Avinash Singh September 18, 2018

This was the response from Atlassian.

Hi Avinash,

Thank you for writing to us! Glad to assist you here.

As you know, you can restrict project access by modifying the Permission Scheme as documented in How to restrict project access to different isolated user groups

This has one limitation, however, if you also need to Restrict the Teams ability to see each other, they cannot be granted the Browse User Global Permissions, which limits the ability to use mentions or user picker fields, so some functionality is stripped in this increased security layout to separate user base. From the description, it seems that this is what you would like to achieve. Otherwise, here's a feature request to address this limitation tracked at JRASERVER-7467

So If you also need to separate the user base visibility between your teams with the ability of users in the same teams to still maintain visibility of the users in that team you would want to look into federated instances, to have separation in the user pools:

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2016

Yes, you can merge them, but it's not a lot of fun.  Whilst "project import" works well there's no way to import the required configuration natively.  There are some very good add-ons to do the config import though, and I can't recommend them enough (having done it manually so many times, Botron and Awnba really are worth every penny)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events