Does anyone know of a SAML authentication plugin for Cloud Jira or Confluence?

Kyle Manel December 9, 2019

Hello there,

I was hoping to use a product to provide additional security to protect my Atlassian online servers, since they are publicly available, but I am finding that the same apps (SAML 2.0 Single Sign-On for Confluence), available for servers are not, yet, available for the cloud apps.  I was hoping I overlooked a similar app or two for Jira or Confluence to allow this?

Thanks,

Kyle

2 answers

1 vote
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

Hi Kyle,

there is no SSO App as such for Cloud - this is currently not possible and by Design highly unlikely that Atlassian will ever implement the necessary hooks to use plugins for that functionality.

There is only Atlassian Access that you can use to do SSO & some provisioning within Cloud. Have a look if that helps you with your challenge.

Cheers,
   Chris

P.S. Full disclosure, I work for resolution, a marketplace vendor.

Kyle Manel December 18, 2019

Speaking of great work, we already use your apps on a few of our servers, and the use of this app on the cloud is why I am asking this in the first place, as our product, idQ Enterprise can be applied with this app.

0 votes
Kyle Manel December 10, 2019

I am very surprised that Atlassian is accepting the amount of risk that this decision warrants on themselves.  If ANY client's data is procured, not to say it will be, but if it is, through social engineering or otherwise, this leaves a very black mark on them as they are not providing the opportunity for clients to improve their security posture, with more familiar apps functioning with a more effective security posture.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events