Does anybody knows a good plugin to create automated tasks between two linked tickets?

Arthur Accioly December 11, 2015

I have two projects, one for the support team (project A) and one for the engineering team (project B). The tickets between both projects are linked manually.

I'd like to have a plugin to solve two problems:

1. If a ticket is linked from project A to project B and the one of the project B is moved to "Resolved", the project A ticket should be moved to "Resolved" as well.
  2. To avoid the engineers forgetting to link both tickets, create a linked ticket on project B automatically when moving my ticket to the status, let's say "Engineer Analysis" (that's a customised status), getting the same description from the previous ticket.

Do we have a plugin to do this for me? I don't want to create complicated code with listeners if possible. Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2015
  1. Update on Transition for JIRA has an Update issues post function which includes the ability to Transition issues.
  2. Create on Transition for JIRA has a Create Issue post function.

0 votes
Arthur Accioly April 17, 2016

Now I'm trying to perform the synchronization using ScriptRunner using a listener (Script Listeners -> Custom Listener - "Issue Updated" event). I think that I could go pretty far in my implementation, but now I'm stuck in a custom label that I have to synchronize. Some of you guys knows how to get the changed value of a custom label field? I put the code in this other post.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2015

Bob's products are excellent examples of how simple you can make this process. Highly recommend. There are others on the marketplace but not many.

Suggest an answer