Does a DEFAULT legal process workflow exist??

Sheryl Ryan May 3, 2020

Jira Core's sales pages advertise that Jira can be used for legal processes and the page even shows a basic review/approve process... but I don't see it when I go to Settings >> Workflows. 

In fact, I don't see ANY default processes to load other than the basic To Do, In Progress, Done.

That doesn't make any sense. In Confluence, if I click CREATE I can choose from all sorts of templates. Where are all the "default workflows" to choose from in Jira????

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2020

The workflow for a project is built as you create the project, you don't choose from a list.  You select the project type and that will create the workflow for you.  The workflow that gets built is determined by the project type you selected.

Sheryl Ryan May 5, 2020

Got it. I thought it'd say "legal workflow" or something, but it was actually the "document workflow". Had I read the page on legal workflows a little more closely, I would have seen that. My bad! Thanks for the answer. :) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2020

I see no fault here - it's not exactly clear that "document workflow" is mostly what Atlassian would expect a "legal" organisation to look for.  They're at a size where they need to be quite generic to keep their broad appeal, but that makes it harder for people with specific requirements (or niches) to find the right option.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events