Does Quick Search now Search more than just Summary, Description, and Comments?

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Quick searching

You can search for any word within the issue(s) you are looking for, provided the word is in one of the following fields:

• Summary
  • Description
  • Comments

Is this still true when doing a quick search? i.e.

text ~ "keyword"

I'm seeing results that appear to be searching in more than just the summary, description, and comments.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2016

What do you see in the search bar when you do the quick search? If you are using any keywords, it might search on a few other fields too. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/quick-searching-764478325.html#Quicksearching-Smartquerying for details.

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2016

I see

text ~ "keyword"

And no, no other keywords are used in the search to further limit or expand the results. Only one keyword is used and for the intents and purposes of this question, the word is "keyword".

Suggest an answer