Does JIRA have a workflow for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)?

Deborah Genevro April 18, 2017

I want to create a UAT project and use a simple workflow.  I was hoping someone new where I could find a pre-defined workflow.  I am a cloud customer.

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elizabeth SMITH July 31, 2017

I created a Kanban board for my UAT but I'd like to incorporate the testing scenarios in the board as well since we use that time during UAT to test. 

Is it better to create epic testing scenarios and then sub-tasks underneath or create individual separate tickets for everything? It'll be hard to move them from board to board in my opinion. 

Also how do you link already existing tickets to the board? Every time I try I have to create a new JIRA ticket. 

Thanks!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yugank Bhatnagar July 25, 2017

I would suggest the following

As UAT person you would be better able to manage the work using Kanban board in your project. 

As UAT phase comes after testing has been completed. So first figure out if all the QA-tested issues are marked as resolved as per the workflow status. The QA lead may naswer this question for you. Then create your own Kanban board and apply the board filter to enlist all the resolved issues. You may have To Do -UAT,In -Progress-UAT and UAT Completed columns for example the right most column may be mapped as Ready for Release or just Close Status. Work with your project admin to get the flow up and running.

Elizabeth SMITH July 31, 2017

I created a Kanban board for my UAT but I'd like to incorporate the testing scenarios in the board as well since we use that time during UAT to test. 

Is it better to create epic testing scenarios and then sub-tasks underneath or create individual separate tickets for everything? It'll be hard to move them from board to board in my opinion. 

Also how do you link already existing tickets to the board? Every time I try I have to create a new JIRA ticket. 

Like Susan Tjoe likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2017

There is nothing pre-defined. You could either create your own and add that to your project or possibly make use of an Add-on that does test case management.

Esmeralda DeArmas June 16, 2022

Hello - I am also trying to do this for my project and wanted to know more of what you meant by " make use of an Add-on that does test case management? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events