Does JIRA Software need a separate JIRA Core license?

Adam Lee January 18, 2019

I already bought Jira Core and it's been working well. I need features from Jira Software however. Do I need to buy another Jira Software license to make this conversion?

I'm on standalone license by the way.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jakub Hanak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2019

Hello @Adam Lee,

Yes JIRA Core and JIRA Software are two separate instancies. You need to purchese licenses for JIRA Software as well.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing?tab=self-managed

Best regards,

Jakub 

Adam Lee January 18, 2019

Thanks Jakub. I supposed I should have bought the Jira Software license from the get-go!

Jakub Hanak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2019

You are welcome. Maybe try to write an email to Atlassian about cancelling your current licenses or if there is any option to switch to JIRA Software.

Also if you feel like your question was answered, please accept the aswer so it can help other community members in the future. 

Best regards,

Jakub 

Suggest an answer