Does Atlassian plan to release an official mobile app for server instances of Jira?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

iPhone users in my organization cannot use Safari for security reasons.  Our secure web browser works, but needing to use this means we cannot click links from within an email to go to Jira.  Granted the email link to app may not work, but it would be much much easier to be able to open an app than to have to open the secure browser and go from there.  Also I assume a real app would have considerably more functionality than the mobile view.

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2016

The message from last Summit was that Atlassian are fully aware that mobile is weak in most of the products, and they've been ramping up teams to try to do something about it.

That's the same message I got from an Atlassian yesterday - there is a distinct focus on making mobile stuff work on all the applications.

Whether that will lead to an "official" application, I don't know, that had not been decided.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

Thanks Nic - that's very helpful.  By official I mean something created by Atlassian and not  a3rd party.  For security reasons my organization will not consider a 3rd party app.

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2016

Maybe you know this, but at AtlasCamp 2016 they announced the JIRA Software native app for iOS - sadly, only works for cloud users. Whether this app will also be available for JIRA Server only the future can tell, but knowing Atlassian focus right now I won't hold my breath.

Christian Paredes June 17, 2016

I think it is sad to see that we as enterprise customers are not important enough for them.  Other tools have their own apps already, currently there are not many alternatives and we are locked-in... 

We do need dedicated mobile apps also that work with our servers, this for JIRA as well as for confluence.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2016

I think you need to re-read the answers and comments already given.

0 votes
Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2019

Here's information about the official jira server mobile app: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/jira-server-mobile-app-966063511.html

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2018

Hi Robert,

While I was searching about news related to the mobile app, I found your question from 2 years ago.
I know that it has been a long time, but as I found an answer, I would like to update here for you.

We have a feature request that it's already in progress and we believe that soon we will have more updates about Jira app for Server:

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-46149

The last update was on September 1, 2018:

Please sign up to be the first to know when we launch the beta program for Jira Server & Datacenter here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/mobile-app/server

Regards,
Angélica

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2019

Thanks - too bad that company let me and my whole team go last year.  (making this need moot)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events