Do we need same version of 2 Jira or 2 Confluence to migrate information from one side to the another one?

carmen llobera December 15, 2015

3 answers

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2015

Hi Carmen,

I would certainly never transfer to a lower version of JIRA so I would look to upgrade the destination instance first.

With regard to who upgrades this should be your system administrator as they will have the appropriate permissions to undertake the upgrade. If you do not have a current support licence then you will not be able to upgrade your instance. 

Atlassian Partners will be able to help you with an upgrade/merge if you do not have the in-house skills/capacity.

Regards

Phill

0 votes
carmen llobera December 15, 2015

So for JIRA the destination instance is lower than the source instance so we shouldn't have any problem with the data migration, should I?

Confluence, the destination instance is higher than the source instance so we should upgrade the version of the source instance before making the migration. 

What do we have to do to upgrade versions? With whom do we contact?

Thanks a lot for your help

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2015

It is not an absolute requirement but it makes life a lot easier.

If you do not have exact matches and the destination instance is higher than the source instance then you are best taking your information through a third instance which you upgrade to match the destination instance. 

Remember downgrading an instance is not supported and so if you are migrating from a higher to lower version you will face difficulties.

Hope this helps.

Phill

Suggest an answer