Do not see the option for Estimate under Board

Kristy Carney January 6, 2016

I am following this tutorial by the letter and do not see the option for "Estimate" under the "Board" menu.

7 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 3, 2016

My apologies.  Operator Error!  I forgot the Story Points are added from the issue view.

Although the word Estimate appears to be inactive, there is a hidden text box only visable on mouse-over where the points are added.

The tutorial could have been a little clearer on that point.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2016

Is the estimate/story point field on the edit screen for the issues you are looking at?

0 votes
Deleted user February 2, 2016

I cannot add story points either.

Tutorial: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/grooming-your-backlog-764477849.html

Logged on as JIRA admin - see attached screenshot

Environment: Windows 7, Firefox 44, JIRA version v7.0.10

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2016

Which tutorial is it as well?

0 votes
Craig Bailey January 6, 2016

I've had similar issues, you may have to add that question to the screen you're using.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

Can you provide a screenshot of where you are looking for?

0 votes
Kristy Carney January 6, 2016

I have confirmed that I am definitely an administrator of the project under Users and Roles.

Suggest an answer