Do not see the option for Estimate under Board

I am following this tutorial by the letter and do not see the option for "Estimate" under the "Board" menu.

7 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I have confirmed that I am definitely an administrator of the project under Users and Roles.

Can you provide a screenshot of where you are looking for?

I've had similar issues, you may have to add that question to the screen you're using.

Which tutorial is it as well?

I cannot add story points either.

Tutorial: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/grooming-your-backlog-764477849.html

Logged on as JIRA admin - see attached screenshot

Environment: Windows 7, Firefox 44, JIRA version v7.0.10

Is the estimate/story point field on the edit screen for the issues you are looking at?

My apologies.  Operator Error!  I forgot the Story Points are added from the issue view.

Although the word Estimate appears to be inactive, there is a hidden text box only visable on mouse-over where the points are added.

The tutorial could have been a little clearer on that point.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

205 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you