Do not add to jira-software-users

Bruno Angeles February 23, 2017

Hi,

I purchased your plugin and I find it great. I am using it to import users and groups into JIRA Service Desk.

One thing bothers me: users are automatically added to the jira-software-users group. I do not want this. Is there any way to disable this? My users will be part of their own groups and should not be able to login to JIRA. They will log in to Service Desk portals based on their group memberships.

I will be importing about 1,000 users, and would appreciate not having to remove them from this group.

Another feature request: not specifying a default password, and your plugin would assign different random passwords. Users will use the 'forgot my password' link to set their password.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Patrick McMahon February 23, 2017

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your feedback. To answer your questions:

The group that users are assigned to is not controlled by the plugin - have a look here to see how to change the group used.

I will consider the random password feature for the next release, in the the meantime, you could use a spreadsheet formula in the password column to generate a random password and then export the file as usual to a CSV file.

Patrick.

Suggest an answer