Do i require any jira plugin to integrate jira with Git Lab?

Vineet Kumar March 28, 2016

Hi, I have been following Jira-GitLab Integration but according to 4th step i am not able to find the "Grant JIRA Core access to group", Is JIRA Core different from the standard JIRA application? do i need a plugin to enable that option? i am not able to find this option on my JIRA application, Below is the version details of the JIRA application i am using. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

Hi Vineet,

Yes, have a look to Git Integration plugin for JIRA, it integrates Gitlab with JIRA,

F.

Hi Frederic, Can you please answer my first question, Is JIRA Core different from the standard JIRA application?

Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

I am sorry i asked the wrong question, i was about to ask, If my server is JIRA (software) not JIRA core, will GitLAB integration work on my server without any plugin.

I know this is too much to ask, but i need to show it to my mangers as it is a paid plugin.

Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2016

If I'm not wrong, JIRA core can not integrate with Gitlab (JIRA Sofware can integrate with Bitbucket, Github, but not Gitlab). Hence why we are using the Git integration plugin on our side.

Vineet Kumar March 29, 2016

Hi Fredric, Can you please check this quote from GitLAb doc. 

Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2016

Hi Vineet,

Well looks like Gitlab integration with JIRA Core is possible without any plugin. But, looking at the prerequisite configurations, especially on Gitlab side on a per project basis, this can be painfull to do if you have a large number of projects to configure for integration with JIRA.

Anyway I did not try what's described on Gitlab page for JIRA Core...

Vineet Kumar March 29, 2016

Thanks Frederic smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events