Do I have to set-up stories assign points if I already have Issues and Tasks assigned with hours to determine burn down? Also when tasks are completed is there a "roll up for an overall percentage complete"?

Rebecca Williams March 22, 2016

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2016

Hi Rebecca,

Yes you can. Each board have a two settings related to the estimate/progress.

The first allows you to choose which field will be used for the estimation:

image2016-3-22 14:0:6.png

The second allows you to define the completion setting, by default the burn down will consume all story points when a story is completed alternatively it can be gradual using the Remaining Estimate and Time Spent fields

image2016-3-22 14:15:24.png

0 votes
Rebecca Williams March 22, 2016

Thanks Peter,

I’m very new Jira and Portfolio, I’m attempting to take my current schedule in MS project and create projects in Jira. I’ve not found intuitive instructions on the Jira tool.  Can you point me in the direction so that I can begin this journey?  I’m very concerned that we may not have the right Jira products to accomplish what I need as PM.  Therefore, I’m keeping my original schedule in MS project.  Here are some of the reports I really require from a project management perspective and since I’m new to the Jira tool maybe you can send a link on the initial steps of creating projects, i.e., stories, epics and having percentage complete for the sprints as needed.  Thank you for your time.

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2016

Hi Rebecca,

Compared MS Project, JIRA is more of a platform and there are more one way there and most of the people are quite happy with their migration from MS Project.

Luckily I am PMP and JIRA ninja (I like the way it sounds) and I will happy to help. The topic though is very big and writing here won't be efficient. I would suggest an online meeting, and don't worry is free. Please contact us at services@botronsoft.com.

Cheers,
Peter T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events