Display count of issues grouped by Component

Shikhanshu Agarwal July 20, 2016

I have N issues, spread over M components. I just want to see a count of issues per component. I can easily do this in an SQL query. How do I do this in a JIRA query?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

JQL is for finding issues.  How you display the results is how you get to see information about the data that a list will contain.

This is a doddle though.  Create a filter that finds your N issues and save it.  Go to your dashboard, and add a "filter statistics" gadget.  Tell that to use your saved filter, and to use "component" as the metric.

It will now answer your question.

Shikhanshu Agarwal July 20, 2016

Awesome. Two dimensional filter statistics does exactly what I want!

One more question. My filter that I use for the gadget currently contains a hard-coded date (resolutiondate>something). I want to be able to change that "something" on the fly when using the gadget in the dashboard. Is there a way to get a date-picker in the dashboard and apply that to the filter when rendering the gadget content?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

Oops, I meant the simple filter gadget, which gives you a simple bar chart, but the 2d one should answer the question too (and possibly better, if you want to combine it with other fields!)

You can't feed dates into things like that though.  The best you can do is use a dynamic date in your filter ( like startDayWeek (-7) and so-on )

Like kavita_ likes this

Suggest an answer