Disable project tab panel for certain projects when developing plugin

I can write a custom project tab panel rather comfortably, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to enable the panel only for certain projects. Can this be done in either the .vm template or the actual .java class? 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

How are you doing it? If you are doing it the old way, by extending AbstractProjectTabPanel class, you can override the showPanel method to show/hide the panel.

If you are doing it the new way, by defining web-items, you can use the condition classes to define what is shown. See https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/projects/design-guide-jira-project-centric-view/development-guide-jira-project-centric-view for more!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

143 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you