Disable all projects list in create issue screen

Chris Schaap September 26, 2016

Hi,

I have a user who do not have permission to view all projects (only one) however, when I create an issue the user is still able to view all the projects in the list.

So by accident he is able to create a issue in a project he does not have permission for it to browse.

Is it possible to disable this listing?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2016

I suspect he is getting permission from a group, possibly the jira-users group, he belongs to. By default anyone who can logon belongs to that group and many sites use it in permission schemes.

0 votes
Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2016

Hi @chris Schaap,

Please make sure you should remove the browse and create issue permission for that role.

Chris Schaap September 26, 2016

I'm sorry I was not clear enough: The user must be able to create issue's inside that project so removing browsing and creating isn't the solution right?

Suggest an answer