Directory 'Active Directory server' is not functional during authentication

Senthilvedhan August 11, 2016

How to resolve this issue?

6 answers

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2016
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2016

That answers it - your LDAP connection is misconfigured.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/common-user-management-errors-820119309.html

0 votes
Senthilvedhan August 12, 2016

Connection test failed. Response from the server: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903A9, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v1db1]; nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903A9, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v1db1] For more information regarding LDAP error codes see Troubleshooting LDAP Error Codes.

still issue continues..

this is error facing

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2016

Usually means your directory server is offline or you've run into the problem that Bhushan has pointed you to.  (I hit the first one this morning before I'd had coffee, but have that link bookmarked once I've checked the connection is ok)

0 votes
Senthilvedhan August 11, 2016

while logging in JIRA all users are getting this error.

Logs:

2016-08-11 21:23:22,874 http-nio-80-exec-14 ERROR anonymous 1283x12x1 be1bp7 10.72.147.169 /rest/gadget/1.0/login [c.a.c.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] Directory 'Active Directory server' is not functional==during authentication of 'XXXXX'. Skipped.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2016

Hi Senthil

Can you please provide more info? When do you face this issue? When logging in? When setting up a new AD connection? Do you see any errors in the log files?

Suggest an answer