Different calculated field formulas per field scheme?

Myra_Rebillard May 31, 2016

Hi,

I would like to use the same calculated fields defined in the system, but would like to modify the formula.

Currently, the current field, C = A * B.  It applies to certain issues but has Global context.

I have my project's field configuration scheme, and I can edit the formula in my field configuration to be C = A + B.  However, the calculated value still results in C = A * B.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Myra_Rebillard May 31, 2016

Hi Steve,

Yes, we are using the Misc Custom Fields add-on. 

Hmm, yeah, I don't think that worked.

I tried setting another project-specific context within the custom field configuration, but there's only one place to edit the formula, so it doesn't look like you can set a formula per context.

I did also modify the formula within the field configuration scheme, but that didn't work either.

Thanks for the help.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2016

If you're using Misc Calculated Fields add-on (you don't indicate which add-on you're using to achieve this), you cannot use Field Configurations for formulas. 

Have you considered setting different project-specific contexts within the Custom Field Configuration? I've never tried this before.

Suggest an answer