Different calculated field formulas per field scheme?

Hi,

I would like to use the same calculated fields defined in the system, but would like to modify the formula.

Currently, the current field, C = A * B.  It applies to certain issues but has Global context.

I have my project's field configuration scheme, and I can edit the formula in my field configuration to be C = A + B.  However, the calculated value still results in C = A * B.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion May 31, 2016

If you're using Misc Calculated Fields add-on (you don't indicate which add-on you're using to achieve this), you cannot use Field Configurations for formulas. 

Have you considered setting different project-specific contexts within the Custom Field Configuration? I've never tried this before.

Hi Steve,

Yes, we are using the Misc Custom Fields add-on. 

Hmm, yeah, I don't think that worked.

I tried setting another project-specific context within the custom field configuration, but there's only one place to edit the formula, so it doesn't look like you can set a formula per context.

I did also modify the formula within the field configuration scheme, but that didn't work either.

Thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

974 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot