Difference between project types

Tinko K. March 10, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA applications and project types overview

I have the choice between srum software development, Kanban Software Development and Basic Software Development in our Jira.

Whats the difference?

2 answers

1 vote
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2017
0 votes
Tinko K. March 11, 2017

Hi and thank you for your answer.

to be honest, that much I already knew. I probably did not phrase my queation right.

How whould those differences between scrum and canban be reflected in the project later?

cards

boards

issues

fields

process flow

columns

I (for example) would expect that a scrum project would come with a scrum board and a kanban project would come with a kanban board. But from what I know the user can create both kind of boards independent from the project type.

Does it mean that those projects just come with a preset/templates if certain settings optimized for scrum or kanban but the user can modify them later on in a way that the outcome is exactly the same? Or ist it realy that once you choose a project type you have ti except certain limititations which would not be existing with another type and vice versa?

Thanks again

Suggest an answer