Difference between Original Estimate and "? Original Estimate" fields

Atul Jain October 19, 2016

We have two fields in "Original Estimate" and "? Original Estimate" fields. What is the difference between the two? 

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2016

All we can really tell you is that it looks like you have two separate fields there.  If that is true, then ask your administrators - they should have recorded why they've added the "? Original Estimate"

Atul Jain October 20, 2016

Thanks Nic. It seems that some fields are added by some workflows. There are few widgets like "Agile Sprint Health Widget" also expect these fields. It is still confusing for me as to which field to use. I will try to find the dependencies of each of these fields on various reports and widgets and decide which one I should use. Any additional help in this regard will be highly appreciated. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2016

Workflows don't add fields.  Some add-ons do, but I don't know of anything that might create one called "? Original Estimate" - I'm 99.99% certain that was created by one of your admins.

The better one to use is almost certainly going to be the "Original Estimate" which is built in and has lots of functionality.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events