Deploy Jira custom plug-in

Rahul Jagtap July 31, 2017

How to deploy custom plug-in from local eclipse / folder to jira dev environmnet?

Its not cloud, its jira on premise

2 answers

0 votes

Thanks Nic for your reply. I have just started working on Jira. So i am not able to understand from where to upload this add-on. Is this some jar file? or war file?

I fyou could tell me in detail, that will be great :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Your compiler will create either a .jar or an .obr - that's what you need to upload.

ok..last question. Where can i find that .jar/.obr file. Location?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Er, I have no way of knowing what your compiler is configured to do on your machine.  I don't even know what you're using, as you haven't said.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2017

Admin -> manage add-ons -> upload add-on

Although, if you were using the SDK in full, the atlas-run script would download, install, run and add your add-on to a dev system.

There's also a script for installing your dev add-ons to other systems, but I've not done it enough to find it useful.

Suggest an answer