Deploy Jira Core on Heroku

Till now I have been using Jira Core on my local server, but now I want to using Heroku cloud server. Is there any guideline on how to deploy it on Heroku, I can upload it to Heroku but have no idea how to start the app with web server.

1 answer

1 vote

Zishan,

Heroku is designed for small web applications, therefore it is not suitable as a server for Jira and is unsupported.

Let us know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Thanks for the reply. There should be any workaround or any other similar type of server. Because Heroku does support Java applications but it execute its .jar file, not sure about any .sh script as a service.

Actually Heroku server is free and is affordable for a person like me. Any other similar server you know that can support Jira?

Hi Zishan,

We recommend the Operating Systems listed on our Supported Platforms page. 

You can also use AWS and Azure if you are installing Jira Data Center, but this isn't fully supported for Jira Server.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 3 hours ago in Trello

Alice Camilla on organizing your work/life/fandoms with Trello!

@Alice Camilla is a university student, currently writing her MA thesis in Archaeology. She's also a freelance blogger and content creator, writing about geeky stuff from productivity apps to JR...

28 views 1 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you