Deleting permissions for specific issue types

Uri Livne October 8, 2016

using JIRA 6.4 and Zephyr 2.6, i'm interested in getting delete permissions to the tester in my SW team,

but only for tests (created by Zephyr).

is it possible?

thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2016

Permissions are done at a project level in general.

You can overrride permissions for issue types, but it's not an easy job - you have to create a workflow for each type of issue you want to have different permissions, associate them with issues in the workflow scheme, and then use "workflow properties" to alter the project permissions on each and every status in it.

As Joe says though - delete permissions aren't worth the effort - they should be severely limited to a smal set of users who can check before doing it, or simply not allowed.  Because you will be bitten by a user deleting the wrong thing and then whining that they can't get it back.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2016

You could set up an issue security scheme and allow the QA testers to set the level. A level named something like "Hidden from Most" can be used to simulate having a trash can in JIRA

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2016

There is no issue type level security as a whole. You can use security schemes assigned to issues. HOWEVER, I strongly advise against allowing anyone to delete issues. It WILL come back to bite you. The forum is full of people looking for ways to get a deleted issue back. There aren't any good ones. 

Suggest an answer