Deleting a sprint referenced on two boards

Myra_Rebillard June 10, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Deleting a Sprint

If the sprint was accidentally added to another board, what is the effect of deleting the sprint from one board?  Will it delete the sprint from the other board as well?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

Yes it will delete it from all boards. I was curious, so I tried it on a test environment.

Myra_Rebillard June 10, 2016

Oh man, that's not what I was hoping for.  Thanks for testing, Nicolas.

Garrett Gaudini June 18, 2016

I just did this by mistake... had two sprints with the same name on two boards... so moved the Issues from one into the other and deleted the dupe... then went back to the other project board and the sprint was gone.  

So what happened to all of the Issues in the project on the other board?  they're not in the Backlog.. I assume they're not deleted (that would be ridiculous)...  any idea how I can find them? 

Myra_Rebillard June 20, 2016

They should still be in the system.  You should be able to use the Issue Filter to find the issues.  I would guess that the Sprint field was set to blank.  But if you know the project/type, or any other issue field that you can search on, you should be able to find them.

Garrett Gaudini June 20, 2016

Thank you!  I tested it out too, all good.

Garrett Gaudini June 20, 2016

Also, the confusion started because the sprint names were generic... "Sprint 6/20" as an example... so "Sprint 6/20" displayed twice in the "Sprint" pulldown on a story.   Some folks selected the wrong one and JIRA system then auto created the "wrong" sprint on the other board.  

All is good now, thanks for the response. 

Suggest an answer