Delete subtasks in scrip runner through post-function or automation

Nouf.Alshabanat December 30, 2020

How to delete subtasks with specific condition on jira version 8.14.0 by transition

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

You could write a post-function script that checks your conditions and deletes the relecant sub-tasks, but I would very strongly recommend that you do not automate this.

Deleted issues are gone, utterly destroyed, you have no record that they were even there, let alone what they were for.

This makes a nonsense of a tracking system, and with an automation, it means you're destroying information without human oversight.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

Hi @Nouf.Alshabanat 

You would need an app like ScriptRunner for Jira or Automation for doing that.

In case you already have ScriptRunner you can write script to check for specific conditions and use a code like this below to delete the issue.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser

IssueManager im = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
def issue = im.getIssueObject("SCRUM-25") as MutableIssue

ApplicationUser user = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager().getUserByName("admin")

im.deleteIssue(user, issue, EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_DELETED, false)

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Nouf.Alshabanat January 3, 2021

should i add a function for reindex?

Suggest an answer