Delete ALL shared aspects: dashboards, filters, and their subscriptions?

Lacey McDonnell August 9, 2016

We're working on a few different things and need to completely delete all filters, and all dashboards (and their gadget population of data, so we don't end up with a bunch of stacktraces in the log).

As I understand it, I have to: 

1. Delete all subscriptions to all filters 
  2. Delete all subscriptions to all dashboards
  3. Delete all filters
  4. Delete all dashboards
  5. Delete all gadget results
  6. And to do this globally..?

I have this query to pull up all dashboards in JIRA 6.4.12:

select username, pagename, fav_count, id
from portalpage
order by Username
;

And this query to pull up all filters in JIRA 6.4.12:

select filtername, authorname, fav_count, id
from searchrequest
;

But how do I en masse remove all of them from JIRA? As in, delete.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

There is no good way.  The only way to do it en masse is also the most dangerous, which would be deleting directly from the database.  Unless an engineer from Atlassian or one of their "Partners" could give you the necessary queries to make sure that all references were removed from all of the necessary tables, I certainly wouldn't recommend doing it.  From past experience, there are just too many places that those references can hide, which can end up causing more problems.  
The safest method, is probably the slowest and most intensive, is to delete everything through the UI, one at a time, but you would still have to ensure to delete in the proper order.  Deleting through the UI, usually, ensures that all of the references get removed properly, but even then that's not always the case. 

Suggest an answer