Default Assignee

Elif Alverson February 29, 2016

Hello, 

Is there a way to make a JIRA User "Default Assignee" without making her/him the "Project Lead" for that specific project?

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2016

Hello,

You can use the "Update Issue Field" of Post-function. You need to click on the create transition on the workflow first, select post functions, add post function, select update issue field, select assignee and write down who you want the issues to be assigned to.

Elif Alverson March 1, 2016

Hello, 

I have created a new transition called “assign to” between create and to do. Then I added a post function by selecting assignee and put myself to test it. However it seems like not working. (I have published the updated workflow). What would be the problem?

Thanks!

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

Hello,

You can directly add the Update Issue Field post function to the Create transition. You don't need to create a new transition. Check the example image I posted on tinypic. (Sorry there is some kind of error so I could not upload picture here)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ir8z9e&s=9

Elif Alverson March 1, 2016

ElifCan, 

It is working now. Thank you so much!

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2016

you're welcome glad to help smile

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2016

Another option is to add a JIRA Workflow Post-function to update the assignee to someone during the "create" event.

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2016

No. It's either the project lead or unassigned. There are some workaround though - check this discussion https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/59555

Suggest an answer