Cycle time on Control chart showing 1w 6d when a week should be 5d long

Louise Griffin August 20, 2018

My control chart is showing an average cycle time of 1w 6d 9h (non working days unticked) but the working days are configured as monday - friday (5d). Shouldn't this show 2w 1d 9h?

There is another question like this but no definitive answer https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Control-Chart-Average-Mixing-Weeks-amp-Days/qaq-p/609649 

Can anyone help?

1 answer

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2018

Hi @Louise Griffin,

Control Chart report displays the cycle time not the same format as Time Tracking fields in issues. Control Chart uses format with 24 hours in a day and 7 days a week, but Time Tracking uses format with 8 hours a day and 5 days a week (by default).

Louise Griffin August 20, 2018

Thanks Gregor. So regardless of selecting non-working days a week is still = 7 days

i.e.

(exc non-working days)

1w 6d 9h = 13 working days 9h 

(inc non-working days)

2w 2d 2h = 16 days 2h 

Kendall Alton October 17, 2023

@Gregor Kasmann_Actonic , I don't think the response is completely correct, as the cycle time changes depending on whether non working days selected or not.

Christina Patrick February 8, 2024

I would like to know this too! Is the control chart using 24 hour days or 8 hour days?

Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2024

Control chart is counting a day as 24 hours. You can not make calculations on control chart by working hours. To do this you need to use a marketplace application.

In this recent question from @Christina Patrick I recommend a solution in detail. You can find the question and the answer in the link below. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/Does-the-Jira-control-chart-consider-a-day-to-be-24-hours-or-8/qaq-p/2603259 

Suggest an answer