Custom fields in JIRA

Susant Prusty June 14, 2016

QQ :

Suppose I have an custom field X which has values A,B and C and I have another custom filed Y which has many values

Can I make it as in X if I select A the only set of values not all will be populated from the custom field Y and same if I select B then other values should be viewed.

Is it possible ? do we have any plugins ?

Thank you

Regards,

Susant

3 answers

1 vote
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2016

You could just choose a cascading select field if you create the custom fields yourself.

Thank you , let me check it.

Regards,

Susant

0 votes
Deleted user June 15, 2016

I like the answer from Mahesh. This question should be part of FAQ.

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

I believe, you are looking for Select list- cascading type custom field. There, you can make two select list fields and make the values of second field depend upon the value of the first field.

You are looking for two levels here. If you wanna make it to multiple levels, ofcourse you have a plugin for that as well.

Thank you , let me check it.

Regards,

Susant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events