Custom field read-only after transition

Bharath Kumar October 4, 2016

I have a scenario where I will have to make some custom fields in the issue read-only after a particular transition, can this be achieved.

Lets say I have fields field A, field B and field C and I have the following workflowsubtask sizing.jpg

and till Initial Sizing Complete I would like the fields to be editable and after that state I want all the three fields to be read-only, can you please help me on this.

3 answers

2 votes
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2016

For this solution, you don't need a plugin - but it's not perfect as you'll not be able to edit the fields when editing the issue, only in transitions between statuses.

-> Use a Screen with these fields on it for transitions in the first half of the workflow only.

-> Use a Screen without these fields as the standard edit screen, and in the second half of the workflow.

Or in more detail

a) Make sure that the fields are not on the Edit Issue or Create screens for this project.

b) Create a screen with the fields on it.

c) Open the Workflow in the editor. Open each transition before "Sizing Complete", and set it to use the the screen from step b (with all the fields on it). Your users can now edit these fields when they use these transitions.

d) Click all the transitions in your workflow after Sizing Complete, and make them use the screen without the fields on it. Your users now cannot change the fields, since they are not shown when Editing the issue, and they are not shown in the transitions after "Sizing Complete". To edit the field, they would have to send it back to a status where the transition screen contains your fields.)

Nannette Mori July 22, 2020

Where do you add the screen to your workflow transitions?  Is it in the Properties of the workflow transition? My understanding is that property only accept jira.editable.Issue = false?

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2020

When you click on the transition and click edit (above the properties link) you see a screen option to select to appear during that transition. 

You may have seen this done when closing issues out and resolution screen is presented.  

0 votes
Bharath Kumar October 5, 2016

Link.jpg

0 votes
Bharath Kumar October 4, 2016

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] I know that this can be done using the Behavior plugin, I would appreciate your help on this thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events