Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom field for the "Bug" based on the value of the other field

Hi,

I have added one custom field for the issuetype "bug" . However I want this field to be displayed on the respective screen only if the value of one of the other fields in "NOT NULL"

For eg - My custom field is "RCA" and the other field is "Ticket id"

Now I want the field "RCA" to be available on the respective screen only if the value of "Ticket Id " is not NULL.

Please help me know how I can do this.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Bhawna

2 answers

1 accepted

Hello @Bhawna Sharma are you using Server or Cloud version?

in a server version you could use Behaviours

Hello Manuel,

The "Behaviours" add-on worked very well for the "Edit" screen but it is does not worked for the "Resolve issue" screen and "Workflow" screen.

How can I do that?

To explain further -

My custom field "X" is hidden if another field "Y" is true. This is working fine in"Edit" screen. But I also want the field X to be hidden ( if Y is true) on the other screens i.e. Resolve issue and Workflow screen. 

@Please note the field Y is as such not available on Resolve issue and Workflow screen.

That's good, you almost have it, this will later be very useful and the customers love it.

try adding the Y field to the screens where you need it, but hide it by default and the behavior indicates that if Y is true, stop being hidden

You can use the "Live Fields" functionality of the "Power Scripts" addon

Thank you Andrew

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,873 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you