Custom field for the Validator

Jeroen Nijhuis February 2, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA FAQ

I'd like to add a custom field for the validator. This has to be a field that can be set like the Reporter or the Assignee field. The only option in adding an user field is of Type UserPicker. This does not look the same and is less userfriendly. It has to be 'Select list' type with auto-completion.

Is it possible to create a field like this, and how?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2017

I don't quite understand the requirement, it sounds to me like you want a user-picker that behaves differently on-screen, but I'm not sure.

If that is right, then the answer is that you will have to write an add-on that provides a new type of field.

You refer to a validator as well.  Not sure what it has to do with the new type of field, but if you start from the user picker type of field, the field will know that the type of data in it is a user, and validators that expect user data can then be used against it.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2017

Hi Jeroen,

When you create a Single Select list custom field, just make sure that the Search Template is "Multi Select Searcher". That ways users can still type to find the values.

-Ravi

Suggest an answer