Custom field description formula

Lin Chen March 22, 2016

I want to add a custom field which can calculate values, however I cannot find any guideline about grammar. Could you pls send me link or an offline document? Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2016
Lin Chen March 22, 2016

Thanks for the reply.

any approaches that don't need to install plugins - such as JIRA built-in formula guideline? It is a little bit time-consuming for me to apply the approval from management.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2016

If you need some information quickly you could try to use some SQL. 

You will not see it in JIRA, but you will get requared information.

If yes, what namely you want to culculate?

Lin Chen March 23, 2016

I would like to get the actual time when a custom ticket type is resolved - currently a value named "resolve" will be updated only when the ticket is closed, i want to know the resolve time as well.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2016

You could try use "resolution sate". This field stores datetine of first resolution. In most cases issues resolved on close.

Suggest an answer