Custom field applicable context

Corinna Führing January 11, 2016

Hello i am a little bit confused about the context of custom fields. I red in documentation often that custom field needs to be marked as global context. I think it was for CSV import and maybe other issues–otherwise there would be problems...so now i have to make custom fields which i could restrinct to some projects (which maybe would be better on this level of JIRA integration in the company), but i wonder if than later i have restrinct JIRA functionality for this fields.......if they are not in global context..does anybody know about this ?

2 answers

0 votes
Corinna Führing January 12, 2016

I wonder if i can e.g. make an CSV import to this fields later if they are not in a global contextx. i read something that fields must be in a global context to be able to import via csv into them...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2016

There does not seem to be a question here. 

Yes you can make fields global, or tie them to individual projects/issue-types.  You can change this context later if you need to.  I'm not sure what else you are looking for.

Suggest an answer