Custom date field automatically putting in today's date...can't delete

Chris K. January 4, 2017

I added two custom fields to one of our field configurations: Start Date and Completed Date (both date pickers). When I edit an issue, those fields are automatically populated with today's date so when I click the Update button, those fields get populated, they get set. Even if I try deleting the values, they get reset. Going to the history of the issue, I can see it shows that I removed the values and then immediately those values are set again.

I double checked the configuration of these fields and verified there isn't a default value set and the "Use the current date as the default" checkbox is unchecked? Any ideas as to why this happening?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2017

Hi Chris,

Could you double check you have the next configuration:

image2017-1-5 12:3:20.png

Chris K. January 6, 2017

Yeah, I double-checked this and it was all clear. I ended up just removing the fields and creating new ones...all is good now.

Peter Gruber April 19, 2017

Hi, I got the same problem.

Do you know if there is any other way to solve this or am I required to create new fields in order to solve this?

Suggest an answer