Custom calculated field(s)

Hi I am trying to do the following either in JIRA itself or using eazyBI

Take two custom fields:

Field1  Field2  Total

2          1          1 (if there is an entry in field2 subtract it from field1)

2                      2   (if there is no entry in field2 carry over the total from field1)

Sum Sum Sum

Can anybody help me here ?

Thx!!!

3 answers

Hi, Sherri!

If Field 1 and Field 2 are imported in eazyBI, you can create a new calculated measure with arithmetical calculation formula:

[Measures].[Field 1] - [Measures].[Field 2]

In case, if Field 2 is empty, the result will be a value from Field 1. Add this measure in columns.

If these custom fields are imported as measures, you can use measures "Field 1 created" and "Field 2 created" (or for due and resolved issus) to get them rolled-up for projects or other dimensions. 

To get the total for each column, use eazyBI option Total.

For more specific answer please write to support@eazybi.com and describe what kind of custom fields they are, how they are imported and the report you want to build.

Ilze,

eazyBI support consultant

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jan 06, 2016

Can I ask, you're looking for this to be data within JIRA, the results of aforementioned fields calculate to obtain a value for a third field? I ask because the concept of scripted fields isn't very possible in JIRA Cloud.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

514 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you