Custom calculated field(s)

Sherri Netherby-Cox January 6, 2016

Hi I am trying to do the following either in JIRA itself or using eazyBI

Take two custom fields:

Field1  Field2  Total

2          1          1 (if there is an entry in field2 subtract it from field1)

2                      2   (if there is no entry in field2 carry over the total from field1)

Sum Sum Sum

Can anybody help me here ?

Thx!!!

3 answers

1 vote
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2016

Hi, Sherri!

If Field 1 and Field 2 are imported in eazyBI, you can create a new calculated measure with arithmetical calculation formula:

[Measures].[Field 1] - [Measures].[Field 2]

In case, if Field 2 is empty, the result will be a value from Field 1. Add this measure in columns.

If these custom fields are imported as measures, you can use measures "Field 1 created" and "Field 2 created" (or for due and resolved issus) to get them rolled-up for projects or other dimensions. 

To get the total for each column, use eazyBI option Total.

For more specific answer please write to support@eazybi.com and describe what kind of custom fields they are, how they are imported and the report you want to build.

Ilze,

eazyBI support consultant

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

Can I ask, you're looking for this to be data within JIRA, the results of aforementioned fields calculate to obtain a value for a third field? I ask because the concept of scripted fields isn't very possible in JIRA Cloud.

Suggest an answer